TNPDS – Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System
Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System assures food safety to all citizens of Tamil Nadu, particularly for poor people by providing available essential goods of best quality every month at affordable budget and prices through easily accessible shops.
This food security is provided with the help of Ration Cards allotted to each citizen and every family. The distribution of goods is done through Fair Price Shops. These are located for each 1.5km. Each shop in the rural area is stipulated with 500 cards and at least 800 cards in the urban area.
The District Wise Allotment of Ration Cards helps in providing goods to all the Tamil Nadu people through Fair Price Shops and makes the process relevant.
Tamil Nadu PDS is implementing Smart Family Cards by converting all ration cards of the state into smart cards. It is an official website of Civil Supplies & Consumer Protection Dept. of Tamilnadu Government.
The Online PDS Portal gives all the details and status about E-PDS. Through this website portal, we come to know that it serves for 33 Districts with 239 Godowns and 34773 Fair Price Shops.
It provides different types of family cards like
- Green Cards: For this type of Cards, all goods are provided.
- White Cards: For this type, all goods except rice are provided.
- Khaki Cards: These cards are for police and prison personnel. All goods are provided for these people.
- Blue Cards: These cards are for Forest Officials. All goods are provided for these people.
- No Commodity Card: This card is in white color and no goods are provided for these people.
It also provides cards like
- AAY Family Cads – Very poor families are identified and allot Anthyodaya Anna Yojana cards.
- Family Cards for Transgender People
- Family Cards to Homeless Persons
Conversion of Ration Cards into Smart Cards
The smart ration card online application is encouraged by the government through its authorized website, https://www.tnpds.gov.in
By entering the reference number, you can check the status of the smart card through the same website. To check the status of Tamilnadu Smart Ration Card, use the reference number sent to the mobile while registration.
Steps to Check Tamilnadu Smart Card Status:
- Go to the official PDS Portal for Tamilnadu at tnpds.gov.in
- Click on Smart Card Application Status, located on the right of the website.
- Enter the reference number in the textbox and then click submit.
- The status of your smart card displayed after clicking the submit button.
- TNPDS Smart Card Registration: https://www.tnpds.gov.in/pages/registeracard/register-a-card.xhtml
- TNPDS Login: https://tnpds.gov.in/login.xhtml
- TN Public Distribution System Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tnepds
- Tamilnadu PDS Twitter: https://twitter.com/tnepds
- TN PDS Toll-free number: 1967 or 1800 425 5901
- Tamil Nadu PDS Customer Support: https://www.tnpds.gov.in/pages/staticPages/contact-us.xhtml