Before Knowing about how to change and update mobile number in Aadhaar Card, let us first know the purpose of linking mobile number with Aadhaar.
Why to link Mobile Number to Aadhaar Card?
In the present scenario, linking your Aadhaar Card to a valid Mobile Number has become mandatory, as a part of official verification; a One Time Password (OTP) will be generated in your phone. Registering a valid phone number with Aadhaar will help users get notifications and alerts in real-time about the Unique 12 digit ID use or misuse.
Image Source: jansatta.com
From the past few months you may have been receiving sms alerts from Indian Government to link your mobile number with your Aadhaar.
At a recent time, it was also announced that all the unlinked Mobile Numbers or SIM Cards will be deactivated at the end of February 2018. With the latest update, if they wish to remain uninterrupted, it has become critical to link their mobile number or phone number with Aadhaar.
There are multiple benefits of linking your phone number with your Aadhaar card.
- Once linked with the SIM Card, your income tax returns can be e-verified.
- You can edit or update your Aadhaar personal details online.
How to Link Phone Number with Aadhaar Card?
In case you’re linking your phone number with Aadhaar Card for the first time, you can do this online. So, ignore the links if you come across on the internet.
Image Source: Quora.com
Steps to link your Aadhaar with your Mobile Number:
- Visit the nearby Aadhaar Centre.
- From the Aadhaar Centre, get an Aadhaar Update / Correction Form.
- You can also download the form from the UIDAI, https://uidai.gov.in/ which is an official website.
- Submit the form to the concerned person at Aadhaar Centre by filling it. Remember and mention that you require updating your mobile number.
- Documents required to update your mobile number
- One photocopy
- An Identity proof such as Passport or PAN Card.
- After the above steps are completed, a biometric verification will be done at the centre.
- From the enrolment centre, collect the slip of Acknowledgement.
- Within the next 10 days, your mobile number will be linked to aadhaar.
In case you have changed your mobile number after registering, how to update it?
If you change your mobile number after registering and linking it, you can update it online. You must have the previous number that was earlier registered and linked with Aadhaar, as an One Time Password (OTP) will be generated on that number.
Steps to change your mobile number in Aadhaar Card:
- Visit UIDAI, a government website https://uidai.gov.in/. You will able to see Aadhaar Online Services.
Image Source: uidai.gov.in
- Select Update Aadhaar Details (Online), you will be redirected to the Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal.
- Click on the Proceed Option at the bottom of the Page.
Image Source: uidai.gov.in
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar Number and the Captcha in their respective boxes and click “Send OTP”.
- Now, Submit the OTP generated and sent to your mobile number. A new page will be opened where you can update your details.
- Click on “Select field to Update”.
- Select the “Mobile Number” field.
- Submit your new phone number.