Pranab Kumar Mukherjee is a politician of India who served as thirteenth President from 2012 to 2017. Pranab Mukherjee was a senior leader of National Congress in India & involved several ministerial portfolios in the Government of India. Mukherjee is the top trouble shooter of Congress party and was served as Union Finance Minister from 2009 until 2012 earlier to his election as a President.
Image Source: media2.intoday.in
Pranab Mukherjee History:
Pranab was born in the village Mirati near Bengal Presidency of British India (Current located in Birbhum district, West Bengal, India) in a family of Bengali Kulin Brahmin. His father name is Kamada Kinkar Mukherjee who was an active freedom fighter in an independence movement of India and also a member Legislative Council member between 1952 & 1964 of West Bengal and served as a representative of National Congress of India & was the member of AICC (All India Congree Committee). His mother name is Rajlakshmi Mukherjee.
He was completed his graduation in the College of Suri Vidyasagar which is located in Suri (Birbhum), then went to University of Calcutta. He later from University of Calcutta both completed an MA (Master’s of Arts) degree in the specialization of History & Political Science & also LLB (Bachelor of Laws) degree.
Image Source: www.udayavani.com
He worked as upper division Clerk in the Deputy Accountant General (Post and Telegraph) Office in Calcutta. Later, he was became a Lecturer (Assistant Proffessor) in 1963, teaching Political Science at the Vidyanagar College & before entering politics with the Desher Dak (Call of Motherland) he worked as a Journalist.
Pranab Mukherjee Profile:
|Full Name||Pranab Mukherjee|
|Mother’s Name||Rajlakshmi Mukherjee|
|Father’s Name||Kamada Kinkar Mukherjee|
|Wife’s Name||Suvra Mukherjee|
|Date of Birth||11th Dec 1935|
|Pranab Mukherjee Daughter||Sharmistha Mukherjee|
|Pranab Mukherjee Son||Indrajit Mukherjee, Abhijit Mukherjee|
|Born Place||Mirati, Bengal Presidency, British India|
|Education Qualifications||Masters Degree and LLB from University of Calcutta|
|Profession||Politician of Indian|
|Political Party||Indian National Congress (1969 to 1986 and 1989 to 2012), Rashtriya Samajwadi Congress (1986 to 1989)|
Pranab Mukherjee Political Career:
- Pranab Mukherjee was started his political career in the year 1969 when he managed the successful an independent candidate K. Krishna Menon of Mindapore by election campaign, then Indira Gandhi (Prime Minister of India), recognised Pranab Mukherjee’s talents, skills and recruited him to her Indian National Congress party, in July 1969 he became a Rajya Sabha (the upper house of parliament of India) member He was re-elected to the Rajya Sabha house in 1975, 1981, 1993 & 1999.
Image Source: i.ndtvimg.com
- He elected as India’s Finance Minister in 1982 and served up to 1984. He frequently called as a “man for all seasons” because he became a Gandhi follower.
- In West Bengal, Mukherjee founded another party in 1986 called as RSC (Rashtriya Samajwadi Congress), later after reaching a compromise with Rajiv Gandhi the Rashtriya Samajwadi Congress & INC merged for 3 years
- He elected as India’s External Affairs Minister in 1995 and served up to 1996. He became the Lok Sabha leader in 2004 until 2012 and elected as Defence Minister of India in 2004 and served up to 2006.
- Again in 2016, he elected as India’s External Affairs Minister and served up to 2009.
Image Source: resize.indiatvnews.com
- Later, he elected as again India’s Finance Minister in 2009 and served up to 2012
- Pranab Mukherjee became an Indian President in 2012 and served for five years until 2017.
- He ended his association with the National Congress of India & retired from active political life after he became President in 2012.
Pranab Mukherjee Twitter: https://twitter.com/citiznmukherjee