Gudem Satyanarayana Swamy Temple:
Gudem Satyanarayana Swamy Temple is one in the list of Adilabad Temples. Lord Satyanarayana Swamy, the Lord of Truth enshrined in this temple. The temple is located in a village named Gudem which is 40 Km far from the city of Mancherial of Adilabad district. Temple is known as Annavaram of Telangana Temples receives the most crowds during the Karthik Masam.
Adilabad District houses various religious places that attract the devotees from different far locations. The Annavaram Satyanarayana Swamy Temple is one of the pilgrim centers that has been deeply marked in the minds of visitors and tourists and is also a popular tourist attraction of Telangana.
The Gudem Satyanarayana Swamy Temple situated on the banks of River Godavari that borders both Adilabad and Karimnagar districts.
Importance of Temple:
During the English months, October and November visitors throng to this temple to take a dip in the river Godavari and perform puja and getting blessings from Satyanarayana Swamy. In this temple, visitors perform Satya Narayana Vratham, a special pooja which indicates the devotion to their God.
The temple also premises the Ayyappa Abhinava Sabarimala temple which is constructed from the great Ayyappa Temple in Sabarimala of Kerala. This is the most prominent temple in the North region of Telangana. Visitors who are unable to go to Kerala to offer their devotees to God Ayyappa can devote this God to Gudem.
Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple situated on the other side of Karimnagar district most frequently visited by the people. Both Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple and Sri Satyanarayana Swamy Temples linked to each other with a low-level bridge in Rayapatnam situated at a 3 km distance from Gudem.
Special Attractions of Satyanarayana Swamy Temple:
- The holy monuments of Sri Ayyappa along with Sri Satyanarayana Swamy in Gudem as well as Sri Lakshmi Narayana Swamy Shrine in Dharmapuri are the major attractions of the holy place.
- Gudem, a small village changed into the biggest pilgrimage center.
Nearest Tourist Attractions of Satyanarayana Swamy Temple:
- Kuntala Waterfalls
- Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple
- Gnana Saraswati Temple
- Sri Ram Temple
- Hanuman Temple
Distance to Gudem Satyanarayana Swamy Temple:
- Distance to Satyanarayana Swamy Temple from Hyderabad is 226 Kms
- The Distance to Satyanarayana Swamy Temple from Karimnagar is 62 km
- Distance to Satyanarayana Swamy Temple from Mancherial is 33 km
- Distance to Satyanarayana Swamy Temple from Hanamkonda is 133 km
Gudem Satyanarayana Swamy Temple Contact Numbers:
- Adilabad Tourism Officer: 94408 16087
- State Tourism: 040 2345 0444