About Food and Civil Supplies Department Telangana
Telangana state Food and Civil Supplies Department corporation limited is actually a department which regulates different segments. This department is doing various activities which include providing the grains for food at the lowest price, distributes essential commodities like rice, sugar, dal, wheat, kerosene, etc. at a minimum rate through the fair price outlets to the people by seeing the Aadhar card. They also monitor the price of the essential commodities with the help of Telangana Food Corporation. Their work also includes the distribution of free LPG connections to the BPL people. The total activities of this Food and Civil Supplies Department Telangana are mainly controlled by the commissioner and the secretary.
The functions of the Commissioner and the Ex- Officio Secretary
The duties of the commissioner and the ex officio secretary are vital to run the department. Their functions are as follows:
- They regularly monitor and arrange several meetings of the committee of vigilance to discuss the implementation of the NFSA act.
- They evolve different policies related to the ration card details Telangana, Deepam connection to the people who actually need it.
- This department initiates different policies to reduce the price of different grains and pulses through different agencies. According to the NFSA act which was enacted in 2013; this department also distributes the essential commodities to the people based on Aadhar card.
- They oversee and control the price of essential commodities which are available in the Telangana fair price shops list. Also, control the open market price.
- They implement the acts which can protect the consumer via state commission and the consumer forum of the district, and also through various welfare schemes and public distribution system Telangana.
- Their primary concern is to build awareness among the consumer through multiple campaigns, organisations, and workshops. They celebrate National and also World Consumer Rights Day each year.
Consumer Affairs Food and Civil Supplies Organisations and Contact Details
Note: As per the AP Reorganisation Act, 2014, certain organisations work with both the Telangana State & Andhra Pradesh (AP) State till they are bifurcated. The below-listed organisations & institutions should be seen in that light.
and E.O. Secretary
|Sri C.V. Anand, IPS,
Civil Supplies Bhavan
|Deputy Secretary||Sri D. Panduranga Prasad||040-23310462|
|Commissioner of Civil Supplies|
|Commissioner||Sri C.V. Anand, IPS
|Joint Director (Admn.)||Sri B. Yesuratnam
|State Civil Supplies Corporation Limited|
|Vice Chairman &
|Sri C.V. Anand, IPS
|General Manager (Admn. F & IA)||Smt. K. Rama Devi
|General Manager (PDS & Mktg.)||Sri P. Sampath Kumar
|Executive Engineer||Sri V. Durga Prasad
|Controller of Legal Metrology|
|Add.DGP & Controller||Sri C.V. Anand, IPS
|Telangana State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission|
|President||Justice B.N. Rao Nalla
|Member||Sri Patil Vithal Rao
|Designated Officer-cum-Asst. Registrar||Sri V. Janardhan Reddy
Consumer Affairs Food & Civil Supplies Department Organisation Chart
Important Details of Consumer Affairs Food and Civil Supplies Department Telangana
- Consumer Affairs Food and Civil Supplies Department Minister: Sri Eatala Rajender
- Food and Civil Supplies Department Minister Contact Number: 9849224411, 040 2345 4766; 040 2345 2699.
- Consumer Affairs Food and Civil Supplies Official Website: http://www.civilsupplies.telangana.gov.in