About EPDS Maharashtra
Electronic Public Distribution System or EPDS Maharashtra has successfully been implemented by the state government of Maharashtra. In the first and the second stages of the launch, the installation of at least 35,000 PoS devices has completed in 35,000 ration shops to facilitate digital transactions. The number of PoS devices to install is 19000 in the third phase. In all the districts of the state, this program has been launched.
Maharashtra’s Food and Civil Supply Department has monitored the process. All you need is a ration card Maharashtra to buy commodities and food grains from these ration shops at highly subsidized prices. If you visit the official website of EPDS in Maharashtra, you will learn all about Rashan card Maharashtra.
Food and Civil Supplies Department was formed in March 1965, independently from the Department of Agriculture, Food and Cooperation. In December 1977, the management of weights and measurements from the industry, energy and labor department was removed and brought under the control of the civil supplies department.
This department mainly manages the demand and supply of essential commodities in the open trade and related matters related to the public distribution system. The main responsibility of this department is to implement various control orders under the Essential Commodities Act, 1955, to keep prices stable and to deal with the issues related to weight and measurement.
The main objectives of the department
- To strengthen the targeted public distribution system.
- Ensure easily availability of essential commodities at reasonable rates.
- To create storage capacity for the public distribution system.
- Conservation and conservation of the customer’s welfare by implementing the Consumer Protection Act of 1986.
The following sub-department works in the Administrative Cell of this department.
(1) Offices of the State Commission and District Forums
(2) Shindhapurwadra mechanism of Mumbai Thane area
(3) The level of supply offices at the level of the Divisional Commissioner and the Collector
(4) Director, Civil Supplies (Warehouse and Traffic), Mumbai
(5) Office of the Commissioner of Supplies
(6) Departmental and District Offices, under the control of Regulatory, Validation, and Mumbai
(7) The office of the Financial Advisor and Deputy Secretary
Link your Aadhaar Card with your Ration Card
Various states in India have made linking of Ration Card and Aadhaar Card compulsory to check corruption. The state government of Maharashtra has clearly stated that the Aadhaar Card needs to be connected to a person’s Ration Card and its mandatory.
If someone wants to buy commodities at fair prices from the ration stores, at first, he needs to connect his ration card with Aadhar card. The ration card holders with Aadhaar Cards required to record thumbprint at the biometric device present in the latest ration stores for accessing subsidized commodities and food grains provided by the state government as stated by the Food Security Act.
Online ration card Maharashtra has made the system extremely convenient for the people of Maharashtra. Mahesh Pathak, the secretary of the Food and Civil Supplies in the state, has asserted that the thumbprint that will record and linked with the database of the Public Distribution System (PDS).
After placing the thumb on a biometric reader, the candidate can buy necessary items from the ration shop. The amount that he needs to pay will subtract from the person’s quota. EPDS ration card search can do by the candidate anytime.
How to Login in Online PDS (Public Distribution System)?
The following are the steps to login in Online PDS (Public Distribution System)
1: Firstly visit Maharashtra Official Website http://mahafood.gov.in
2: Click on “Online PDS Distribution System” which is located on the bottom right of the Maharashtra Web Portal
3: Now you will redirect to the Login page of the PDS (Public Distribution System)
4: Select login type, password and captcha code (which will appear above) and click on Submit.
To know the Maharashtra State Food Security Visit here: http://mahafood.gov.in/website/PDF_files/NFSA%20Rules.pdf
Maha AEPOS (Maharashtra AAdhar Enabled Public Distribution System: https://mahaepos.gov.in/
Important Details of Maharashtra EPDS
- EPDS Maharashtra Website: http://mahafood.gov.in/website/marathi/home.aspx
- EPDS Maharashtra Toll-Free Number: 1800 22 4950, 1967
- Maharashtra EPDS Support Mail: email@example.com
- Food Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection Minister Name of Maharashtra: Mr. Ravindra Dattatraya Chavan
- Food Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection Minister Contact Number of Maharashtra: 22027075, 22025277, 22025277