About Kashi Vishwanath Temple
One of the greatest temples in India dedicated to Lord Shiva is the Kashi Vishwanath Temple situated in Varanasi of Uttar Pradesh on the banks of river Ganga. As another name for the holy city of Varanasi is Kashi, the temple is known as Kashi Vishwanath Temple.
We found the original Kashi temple in the Puranas. This temple demolished in 1194 by Qutb-Ud-Din Aibak. After reconstructing, it destroyed again by Aurangzeb, and the Gyanvapi Mosque constructed in its place.
The modern version of the Kashi Temple was constructed by Maharani Ahilyabai Holkar, the daughter of Malhar Rao Holkar, in the 18th century. Maha Shivratri celebrated in this temple in a grand way.
Timings, opening hours, Dashan timings and closing hours at Kashi Vishwanath Temple
Go through the Kashi temple timings if you don’t want to miss any important event or Aarti. The gates of the temple opened at 2:30 in the morning. The time for Mangla Aarti is 3 am to 4 am. For Sarva Darshan, you can visit the temple between 4 am, and 11 am, 12:20 pm and 7 pm, 8:30 pm and 9 pm.
Bhogi Aarti starts at 11:15 and continues up to 12:20. Sapta Rishi Aarti performed from 7 pm to 8:15 pm and Sayana Aarti performed from 10:30 pm to 11 pm. For Bhog Aarti, the timing is from 9 pm to 10:15 pm. The temple’s gates will close at 11 pm.
How can you book tickets online to watch Mangla Aarti in the Kashi Vishwanath Temple?
The Mangla Aarti is performed every morning from 3 am to 4 am & Mangla Aarti ticket is available online at Rs 300 per person. Follow these simple steps to get your Kashi Darshan tickets online for Mangla Aarti:
- You can book your online ticket to see Mangla Aarti at Kashi Mandir even one hour before the Aarti starts.
- However, it is advisable to book the ticket online from their official website 24 hours before the Mangla Aarti. In this way, you can avoid standing in line for a long time.
- After booking the ticket, there are also so many options available for online payment.
- It will be a right decision to carry your ID card along with you at the time of darshan.
How to Reach Kashi Vishwanath Temple?
You can reach to Vishwanath Temple by using airways where Babatpur airport is the nearest airport, you can also travel by using Indian Railways where the direct destination places can arrival from the major cities like New Delhi, Calcutta, Gwalior, Indore etc and you can also travel through local transport by using taxis.
For more information regarding “How to reach Vishwanath Temple?” please visit Kashi Official Website: https://www.shrikashivishwanath.org/info.aspx
- Kashi Vishwanath Temple Website: https://www.shrikashivishwanath.org
- Kashi Vishwanath Temple Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/shrikashivishwanath.temple.56
- Shri Kashi Vishwanath Temple Twitter: https://twitter.com/ShriVishwanath
- Kashi Vishwanath Temple Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/102925256496490255921
- Kashi Vishwanath Aarthi Booking App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=www.shrikashivishwanath.org.kashivishwanath
- Shri Kashi Vishwanath Helpline Number: 0542 2392629 (Temple), 0542 2390550 (Office)
- Kashi Vishwanath Contact Details: https://www.shrikashivishwanath.org/contact.aspx