About Telangana State Formation Day
Telangana Formation Day: The Government of India on 04th Mar of 2014 declared 02nd June of 2014 is the Telangana State Formation Day, currently, Telangana State is the 29th state of Indian Union and the Hyderabad is the Capital city of Telangana. Honorable Sri Kalvakuntla Chandrashekar Rao is the first Chief Minister of Telangana State after the Formation of Telangana State
History of Formation of Telangana State
- Formerly Telangana existed as Hyderabad state between the year 1950 to 1956
- Subsequently, it was merged with the Andhra Pradesh State in the year 1956 and in India it became as the 03rd largest state
- Because of different slang languages, historical, socio-economic backgrounds, geographical along with differences in culture, habits of food, worshipping deities, accent, and customs of both AP and Telangana made the other regions to insult the culture, dialect and customs of Telangana along with plundering the resources.
- So, the Telangana movement was started in the year 1969 by the political leader M. Chenna Reddy who founded the political party named as “TPS” (Telangana Praja Samithi) which strengthen the Telangana movement as “Jai Telangana”.
- Prime Minister Indira Gandhi came to Hyderabad in order to discuss the problems about facing by Telangana peoples with the Telangana Leaders in June
- Subsequently, the Andhra peoples started the movement of “Jai Andhra” in 1972, so the Indian Government again merge the AP and Telangana in 1975
Again Telangana people were neglected by the Andhra leaders in the following aspect of:
- Firstly, Not providing employment for the Telangana graduates
- Secondly, No proper education for Telangana children’s
- Thirdly, No proper guidelines and recognition and development for the Telangana peoples
In the year 2001, Kalvakuntla Chandrashekar Rao has formed a political party known as “TRS” (Telangana Rashtra Samithi).
He started the revolution for the separate state of Telangana and because of his tremendous efforts regarding the battle of formation of Telangana state made the Congress party announce the Telangana State as the 29th state in India on 30th July of 2013 and bill is passed on 18th Feb of 2014.
Then on 04th Mar of 2014, the Indian Government declares Telangana as 29th State and Hyderabad is the capital city of Telangana. 02nd June of 2014 is the “Telangana Formation Day”
Telangana 29th State important points
- Firstly, Telangana State Districts are covering an area of 1, 12,077 Square Kilometres (or) 44,273 Square Miles
- Secondly, Bhadradri Kothagudem is the largest district and Hyderabad is the Smallest
Telangana State is a great destination for crafts and arts with the number of outstanding handicrafts of the following:
- Bidri Craft
- Banjara Needle Crafts
- Dokra Metal Crafts
- Nirmal Arts
- Bronze Castings
3. The symbols of Telangana State designated after the Telangana Formation Day are the following:
- Telangana State Bird – Palapitta (Indian Roller or Blue Jay).
- Telangana State Animal – Jinka (Deer).
- State Telangana Tree – Jammi Chettu (Prosopis Cineraria).
- Telangana State Flower – Tangedu (Tanner’s Cassia).
Departments of Telangana State Government
Telangana State Initiatives
After Formation of Telangana State, the state government has taken some initiative programs for the development of the state, in order to encourage the Telangana students and to empower the women etc.
List of Few Telangana Schemes
Important Details of Telangana Formation Day
- Telangana state Portal Website: http://www.telangana.gov.in
- Telangana state Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TelanganaCMO
- State of Telangana Twitter: https://twitter.com/telanganacmo
- Telangana state YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TelanganaCMO
- Telangana state portal Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org