UP Scholarship – उत्तर प्रदेश छात्रवृत्ति
Paying for your education can be a challenge and it may lead to spending tons of money annually. If you cannot afford your education and you live in Uttar Pradesh, there is an alternative for you, as there is a program that was created to provide scholarships, called UP Scholarship in India. Find out more details about it and how to apply with this post!
What is UP Scholarship?
The Government of Uttar Pradesh provides scholarships to help students pay their education. They do it through UP Scholarship.
Scholarships are distributed through three different types of scholarships: Pre-matric Scholarship Scheme, Matric Scholarship Scheme, and Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme.
How do I know if I am eligible to get a UP Scholarship?
To be eligible for a UP Scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a student of 9th class or 10th class in any of the Districts of Uttar Pradesh. This applies to General, SC, ST, OBC, and minorities group category candidates.
- For minorities, the annual income of their parents or guardians must not exceed Rs. 100,000.
- For OBCs, the annual income of their parent or guardians must not exceed Rs. 30,000.
- For candidates in urban areas, the annual income of their parent or guardians must not exceed Rs. 25,000.
- For candidates in rural areas, the annual income of their parent or guardians must not exceed Rs. 19,884.
- For SC and ST, the annual income from all sources must not exceed Rs. 200,000.
Candidates who pursue 11th, 12th, graduation or post-graduation that are in an Upper Pradesh district are able to apply for a Post-Matric Scholarship.
What documents do I need to apply for a UP Scholarship?
Besides the form you will have to fill online, you will have to provide the following documents:
- A proof of residence, to make sure you are in Uttar Pradesh.
- An income certificate.
- Mark sheets or certificates from your college or school that support your educational qualifications. They may ask you to provide your last qualifying exam mark sheet.
- A cast certificate in case you belong to a special category.
- A Birth Certificate.
- A bank passport.
- Your fee receipt number, your enrollment number and your Aadhar Card Number. Here you can Check the Aadhaar Authentication Online
- Your latest passport size scanned photo.
How do I apply for a UP Scholarship?
If you want to apply for a scholarship, you will have to go to their official website, scholarship.up.nic.in, and make the online process.
First, you will have to register. To do it you will have to go to the drop-down menu of the red bar, select “student” and click on the registration option for the current year. You will have to select the Postmatric class you belong to and then click on “fresh” as it is the first time you are applying.
Then, you will have to fill the form with all the information required. This step is quick, as it does not ask for a lot of information. Once you submit the information you introduced, a registration number will be generated. Write down the number, print the application form and go back to the homepage.
In the home page, select “login (after registration)”, then select your Postmatric calls and click on “fresh”. Login with the number that was generated and the information you introduced.
Lastly, fill in all the information required and upload the supporting documents required.
Although the process is usually available around July, make sure to check the website regularly to see the dates.
Here you can get the full UP Scholarship details from the Academic year of 2017-2018:
|Session 2017-18||Registrations||Form Submissions||Forwarded By Institutions||Disbursed|
|Post-matric Class (11-12)||2951710||2020523||1710195||1420998|
|Post-matric Other than (11-12)||7182936||4570419||4013267||2702500|
|Prematric Class (9-10)||3593512||2048438||1783177||1424841|
To get the info on SUDA UP – PM Awas Yojana Scheme, click here.
Contact Details for UP Scholarship
|समाज कल्याण विभाग उ0प्र0||श्री पी0के0 त्रिपाठी – उप निदेशक|
|Toll-Free Number: 18004190001||Contact Number: 0522-2209270|
|Toll-Free Number: 180030100001||श्री अजित प्रताप सिंह ( उप निदेशक )|
|पिछड़ा वर्ग कल्याण विभाग उ0प्र0||Contact Number: 0522-2288861|
|Toll-Free Number: 18001805131||राघवेन्द्र प्रताप सिंह ( संयुक्त निदेशक )|
|अल्प-संख्यक कल्याण विभाग उ0प्र0||Contact Number: 0522-2286199|
Uttar Pradesh Scholarship Website: http://scholarship.up.nic.in
Uttar Pradesh Scholarship Toll-Free Numbers:
Social Welfare Department: 18004190001 and 180030100001
Backward Class Welfare: 18001805131