Arunachal Pradesh State – A Beautiful State in India
Arunachal Pradesh is found in the northeastern part of India. Itanagar is the Arunachal Pradesh capital. It is referred to as “the land of dawn-lit mountains.” AR State is situated between 26.28 degrees N latitude and 29.30 degrees N latitude. The longitudinal extent of the state is between 91.20 degrees E longitude and 97.30 degrees E longitude.
It shares its border with two countries, namely, Bhutan and Myanmar. Its neighboring states are Nagaland and Assam. The McMahon Line separates Arunachal Pradesh from China. The total area covered by AR State is 83,743 square kilometres
Formation of Arunachal Pradesh State
The AR State was established in the year 1987, on 20th February. The state animal and bird of AR State are Bos frontalis and Hornbill respectively. The flower and tree symbolising AR State are Foxtail orchid and Hollong respectively.
The ancient history of AR
- It is expected that the Prabhu Mountains mentioned in the Puranas is presently known as AR State.
- This is the place where the hermit Parashurama meditated to wash away his sins, Lord Krishna accepted Rukmini as his wife, the ascetic Vyasa meditated, and king Bhishmaka established his kingdom.
- The Kalika Purana, on the other hand, is a state that was ruled by the successors of king Bhirmuko who belonged to the Chitika clan.
- The Chutiya chronicles are a source of AR State’s history.
- Tawang Monastery, one of AR State’s famous heritage sites, proves that Buddhists resided in the nearby regions.
Culture of Arunachal Pradesh
AR State Culture is differs in the divine that it has 26 main tribes along with sub – tribes. So the every tribe has their own unique collective of customs and traditions and the AR State major tribes includes: Apatani, Tagins, Bokar, Adi, Aka, Nyishi, Bori, Gola and many more.
Rivers of Arunachal Pradesh
The below are the Arunachal Pradesh Rivers where many rivers will flow through the Arunachal Pradesh State
- Brahmaputra River
- Lohit River
- Kameng River
- Dibang River
- Subansiri River
- Yarlung River
- Dihing River
- Tirap River
- Namka Chu
- Par River
- Sumdorong Chu
Major districts of Arunachal Pradesh
The following are districts of Arunachal Pradesh State where it has 22 districts in the state:
- West Kameng
- East Kameng
- Papum Pare
- Kurung Kumey
- Kra Daadi
- Lower Subansiri
- Upper Subansiri
- West Siang
- East Siang
- Upper Siang
- Lower Siang
- Upper Dibang Valley
- Lower Dibang Valley
AR State Tourism
AR State, a land adorned with beautiful landscapes, offers fantastic travel opportunities. It is a treasure house of natural beauty, culture, rich history, exotic wildlife and warm folks.
To experience the true essence of AR tourism, one needs to visit AR and enjoy its beautiful destinations, trekking and rafting opportunities, motorbiking and bird watching scopes and plenty of other exciting activities for the adventurous souls. Some of the popular tourist destinations are Tawang, Ziro, Pasighat, Dirang, Bhalukpong, Bomdila, Daporijo and Itanagar, the capital of AR.
Important Details of AR
- AR Official Website: http://www.arunachalpradesh.gov.in
- Arunachal Pradesh Secretariat Address: Civil Secretariat, Itanagar – 791111.
- AR State Toll Free Number: 155250
- AR State Support Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arunachal Pradesh Governor: Brig. (Dr.) B.D. Mishra (Retired)
- AR Chief Minister: Pema Khandu (BJP)