About Delhi NCT
Delhi State is a city and a Union Territories of India is also officially known as “National Capital Territory of India – (NCT Delhi)” which is located on the North Side and National Capital Territory of Delhi is bordered with Haryana on 03 sides and Uttar Pradesh which is located on the east. The capital city of Delhi NCT (DL) is the New Delhi.
NCT Delhi Population
The Population of Delhi state is about 16,787,941 which is the 02nd largest state in Indian population after Mumbai and the Delhi Districts are covering with an area of 1,484 square kilometers (or) 573 square miles in India.
National Capital Territory of Delhi Language
The official and native language of Delhi is “Hindi” (दिल्ली) because approximately 80.94% of population will speak Hindi language after that Punjabi is the second speaking language of about 7.14% followed by Urdu of about 6.31% and Bengali of about 1.50% and the rest of 4.11% of Peoples in Delhi speak other languages. So the Hindi is the official language and the rest of the languages are the additional official languages of Delhi.
Formation of Delhi State
Delhi came into existence as a Union Territory on the year 1956 under the state reorganization Act. Later on, NCT (National Capital of Territory) is formed on the year 01st Feb of 1992. The High Court of Delhi is the apex judicial body in the state.
Symbols of Delhi
Holiday Destinations Designated by Delhi Tourism and Culture
Delhi city consists of many historical places as the following:
- Government Buildings includes “Sansad Bhavan” which is also called as “Parliament of India”, Rashtrapathi Bhavan, Red Fort, India Gate.
- Mughal Monuments of the following Purana Quila, Chandni Chowk, Safdarjung’s Tomb and Humayun’s tomb.
- Earlier Monuments of the following Qutub Minar, Lodhi Gardens is one of the Best Garden in Delhi, Tughlaqabad, and Salimgarh Fort
- Paranthe Wali Gali is the most famous places located in Delhi.
- There are also attractive places of worship Temples includes Akshardham Temple, Laxminarayan Temple, ISKCON Temple, Lotus Temple, Jama Masjid and many more.
- There are also other visiting places like museums, National Geological Park, Raj Ghat and many more.
- Splash Water Park, Just Chill Water and Fun Park, Metro Walk Rohini, Doll Museum, Kalindi Kunj Water and Amusement Park and many more are the most visiting and also enjoyable places
Delhi Map illustrates New Delhi as the largest city and capital of this northern state. The land territory consists of 11 Delhi Districts and the following are the districts of Delhi:
- Firstly, New Delhi
- Secondly, North Delhi
- North West Delhi
- West Delhi
- South West Delhi
- Central Delhi
- South Delhi
- South East Delhi
- North East Delhi
- East Delhi
There are two rivers which are flowing through NCT Delhi, they are of the following Yamuna and Agra Canal.
Important Details of DL
- National Capital Territory of Delhi Website: http://delhi.gov.in
- DL Governor: Sri Sh. Anil Baijal
- Delhi Chief Minister: Sri Arvind Kejriwal
- DL Helpline Number: 011 22370309