Know about UP Sales Tax for a better knowledge
UP VAT: Tax was introduced in India to help the government run a democratic country where all the people help in the development and betterment of it. It is imperative for a person with annual earnings of 250,000 INR. Now the slab to tax payment is different with each slab. Tax was initially divided into two parts, one being the sales tax and the other was VAT or value added service.
Uttar Pradesh is the largest state of India and their range of domestic products is huge. Since it is mandatory for a person to pay their taxes or is considered a serious offence against the nation, UP sales tax along with UP vat with a Gross Domestic Production of 886,000 crores INR has a duty to pay the taxes to in the growth of its country. UP helps a lot by the production and sales that they achieve throughout the year, both in import and export of goods.
However, UP was one of the first states not to imply the VAT system in their state once it was introduced by the government. In 2008, the State Legislature passed the Value Added Tax Act and thus VAT introduced in the state. Since it is the largest state in India, their consumption and selling of goods is much higher compared to other states. As a result,it is a mandatory rule for all dealers to have registered under the state’s VAT department.
UPvat applies to almost all goods and products that sold. The ultimate owner of the goods has to pay the Value Added Taxes. It is also compulsory for people who reside outside of Uttar Pradesh but own business or are doing business in the state as deduced by the government.
Organisation Structure of UP Sales Tax
You can also access GST India portal with the help of UP VAT Official portal by following the simple steps given below:
- Firstly visit UP VAT Official website http://comtax.up.nic.in
- Now click on “GST Portal” which is located on the menu bar of the home page
- Then you redirected to the official portal of Government pf India GST portal
Important Details of UP VAT
- UP VAT Website: http://comtax.up.nic.in
- Commercial Tax Department of UP Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/comtax.up.16
- UP VAT Twitter: https://twitter.com/UPComtax
- Commercial Tax Department of UP Head Office: Office of the Commissioner, Commercial Tax U.P. Commercial Tax Head Office Vibhuti Khand, Gomti Nagar Lucknow
- UP VAT Helpline Number: 0522 2721944, 0522 3312600, 18001805223
- Commercial Tax Department of UP Support Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- UP VAT Contact Details: http://comtax.up.nic.in/contactmaster.htm