Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana – प्रधानमंत्री जीवन ज्योति बीमा योजना
On 9 May 2015 Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi took a historic step. He launched the 1st ever large life insurance policy for billions of Indian Citizens. It was Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY). It has one of the landmark announcements made in the 2015 Budget speech. This insurance scheme is available to the zero balance bank accounts opened under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) scheme in India. The primary objective behind PMJJBY was to provide low-cost life insurance cover to economically weaker sections of the society. From the 2014 year, you can find Complete list Pradhan Mantri Yojana Schemes from Indian Government.
Who is eligible to enroll for Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
- All Indian Citizens with a valid bank account with any Indian Nationalized banks.
- The minimum age limit is 18 years, and the maximum age for applying under PMJJBY is 50 years.
- NRIs and persons of Indian origin (PIOs) cannot apply for this insurance policy.
Some attractive benefits under Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
- Life insurance cover of Rs. 2 lakh at a low premium of Rs 330 per year.
- Yearly programme with no extra burden on the monthly household budget. Joining period is 1st June to 31st May every year.
- In the event of policyholder’s death, the nominee will get Rs. 2 lakh.
- You don’t have to pay GST on the premium or policy amount of Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana.
- Auto-debit facility which means they will deduct the insurance premium automatically from the linked savings account of the policyholder.
Some distinct achievements of Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
- Close to 5.35 crore Indian citizens opted for life insurance people under PMJJBY
- Efficient registration of death claims is available. The registered amount of death claims are more than 1 lakh till now.
जीवन ज्योति बीमा योजना Website: https://pradhanmantri-yogana.in/pradhan-mantri-jeevan-jyoti-bima-yojana-in-hindi/
PJJBY Customer Care Number: 1800-180-1111
For more about the Scheme, visit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PMJJBY