Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana – प्रधानमंत्री जन धन योजना
This scheme came into existence in the year 2014. Our respectable Prime Minister Narendra Modi introduced this scheme. The PMJDY aims to enhance the services related to the economy of India country. Ministry of Finance of Government of India launched this scheme for the benefits of the people. On the first day of the scheme, they noticed over 15 million people opened bank accounts. In short, this new scheme got an excellent response. It has achieved a world record also. Get more info on Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana scheme from here. You can also get the complete list of PM Modi Schemes here and apply for your suitable schemes.
Image Source: pmjdy.gov.in/scheme
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna scheme
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna scheme aims to universalize all the bank accounts in the all Types of Banks in India. If anyone wants to utilize the benefits of this unique scheme, they have to have a bank account with any amount. There is no upper limit. People can open the account with any amount. The account holders will get the debit cards also. In case of an accident, this scheme covers the loss of up to Rs. 1 lakh. The government will issue an overdraft for those customers who have their account in the bank at least for 6 months because they can grant it only after completing 6 months of opening the bank account.
Image Source: citizencreditbank.com
This scheme is very much technology friendly. In this scheme, one can check balance and fund transfer through any phone. Mobile banking facility is also available under PMJDY. To avail this facility, you need to access through NUUP. For this particular purpose, all the banks and mobile companies have signed a contract to give the service together. In recent days the actual number of the people holding account under this unique scheme is 270 billion.
Jan Dhan Yojana Schemes
In the following links, you can get all details of the PMJDY scheme like e Documents and more, follow the links and get brief info on the Scheme.
Prime Minister Jan-Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) is a national financial inclusion mission that ensures access to financial services namely, banking/savings and deposit accounts, remittances, loans, insurance, pension, in a portable manner.
The account can be opened in any bank branch or business representative (bank friend) outlet. PMJDY accounts are being opened with Zero Balance. However, if the account holder wants to check the book, he/she will have to meet the minimum balance criteria.
Documents required to open an account under the Prime Minister Jan-Dhan Yojana
If the Aadhaar card / Aadhaar number is available then no other document is necessary. If the address has changed then the self-certification of the current address is sufficient. The Aadhar Card is not available, then one of the following government officially valid documents (OVD) will be required: Voter ID, Driving License, PAN Card, Passport and NREGA Card. If your address is present in these documents then it can work both as “proof of identity and address”.
If a person does not have the “valid official papers” described above, but it is classified as a ‘low risk’ category by the bank, he can open a bank account by submitting one of the following documents:
Photo ID of the applicant’s photo issued by Central / State Government departments, statutory/regulatory authorities, public sector undertakings, scheduled commercial banks, and public financial institutions;
The letter issued by the gazetted officer with a duly authenticated photograph of a person’s personal personation.
The special benefits associated with this scheme are as under
- Interest on deposit amount.
- Accidental insurance cover of one lakh rupees.
- No minimum balance required
- Under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Jan Yojna, life insurance of Rs 30,000 will be payable on the death of the beneficiary upon reimbursement of general conditions on his death
- Easy transfer of funds across India.
- Beneficiaries of government schemes will get benefit transfer from these accounts.
After six months, the facility of overdraft will be provided after satisfactory accounts of these accounts.
- Pensions, access to insurance products.
- Under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna, the claim under Personal Accident Insurance will be payable if the Rupee cardholder is not eligible for any successful financial or non-financial transaction on any bank branch, bank friend, ATM, POS, e-comm etc. Own Bank (Bank Customers / Rupee Card Holders Transacting on the same Bank Channel) and / or Bank of any other Bank (Bank customers / Rupees card transactions on other bank channels Holder) will be eligible for inclusion within 90 days before the date of accident, including the date of accident, Rupees insurance program will be eligible for inclusion under financial year 2016-2017.
- There is an overdraft facility of up to Rs 5,000 / – per family, in a single account only for a family woman.
PMJDY Contact Details
The List of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana Scheme details can be found here. Get the contact details like the Nodal officer, Convenor of SLBC, National & State Toll-Free Numbers and more contact details can be available in the following link:
PMJDY Website: https://www.pmjdy.gov.in/home
Phone Number: 011-23361571
Email Id: email@example.com
Department of Financial Services,
Ministry of Finance,
Room No- 106,
2 Floor, Jeevan Deep Building,