MOSPI (Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation) – सांख्यिकी विभाग और कार्यक्रम कार्यान्वयन मंत्रालय
MOSPI is a part of the Union Government Ministries of India it can be abbreviated as the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation came into existence in the year 1999, on 15th October, when the Department of Programme Implementation and the Department of Statistics merged in India. There are two wings of the Ministry: one is all about Programme Implementation, and the other one is about the Statistics Department.
Image Source: mospi.gov.in
National Statistical Office
People also know The Statistics Wing of MOSPI as NSO (National Statistical Office). It has these three divisions:
- CSO or the Central Statistical Organization
- NSSO Data or National Sample Survey Office
- The Computer Center
Responsibilities of NSO
- Functions as the nodal agency that plans and develops the country’s statistical system lays down principles related to data collection, data processing, and result dissemination.
- Maintains national accounts and publishes yearly estimates of consumption expenditure of national products, savings, capital formation, etc.
- Coordination of statistical work for the departments/ ministries
- Maintaining cooperation with global statistical organizations like UNSD, SIAP, ILO, FAO, IMF, ESCAP, etc.
- Compiling and releasing IIP per month
- Conducting and organizing massive all-India surveys to benefit the health, family welfare, literacy levels, housing conditions, nutrition, etc. of various population groups.
- Examining survey reports technically
- Releasing grants-in-aid to research institutions and non-governmental organizations.
- NSO is the responsibility to develop the national statistical commission.
The Department of Programme Implementation of MOSPI has the following responsibilities
- It monitors TPP (Twenty Point Programme)
- Monitors Central Sector Projects that cost Rs 150 or above
- Monitors the performance of the 11 basic infrastructure sectors of India
It also monitors the implementation of MPLADS.
If you have any queries about the website, you can give the visitor’s feedback section of the MOSPI website. follow the below link and submit your feedback in online.
MOSPI Website: Click Here
Contact details of MOSPI
|Subject||Contact Person||Email and Phone|
|Accessing Unit level data|
|ASI unit level data||Anil Chopra,||Phone No: 26196058|
|Economic Census Data||P.S. Meena,||Phone No: 26104194|
|Joint Director||Phone: 26104194|
|Dissemination of NSS unit level data||Anjana Dutt,||Phone No: 26716383|
|Joint Director||Email id:|
|Annual Survey of Industries||All queries relating to ASI||Shri Tapas Kumar Sanyal,||Phone No: 033-2248-1521|
|CSO (IS Wing)||email@example.com|
|Consumer Price Index||D.K.Sinha,||Phone No:23747893|
|Director(PCL)||Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Downloading of Reports from website||R.P.Thakur,||Email id:email@example.com|
|Deputy Director||Phone No:26160053|
|Index of Industrial Production||Ambika Anand,||Phone No:23705368|
|Assistant Director||Email id:firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Internship and Training||Ravinder Singh||Phone No:23310712|
|National Income||Sh. M.V.S. Ranganadham, ADG (NAD),||Phone No:91-11-23341867|
|National Accounts Division||Email id:email@example.com,|
|Research Grant/support||—||Phone No:23310712|
|Social Statistics||Shri. Pravin Srivastava||Phone No:09868965151|
|ADG||Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org,|
|National Sample Surveys||National Sample Surveys,||Deputy Directoremail@example.com|
|Survey Reports||Coordination & Publication Divisionfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|General Query on Statistical data/products||Shri Vipin Guptaemail@example.com|
|Research & Publications|