Swachh Bharat Urban – स्वच्छ भारत उर्बन
Swachh Bharat Mission is one of the most successful programs run by Government of India in the last few years. The primary goal of Swachh Bharat Urban is to completely remove the evils of open defecation through large-scale construction activities of private toilets in houses and community toilets in public places. The Honorable PM Narendra Modi kept a deadline of this Swachh Bharat Mission is October 2nd, 2019, the 150th birth anniversary of the iconic leader Shri Mahatma Gandhi. The government officially announced Swachh Bharat on October 2nd, 2014 from the historical venue of Rajghat. This massive program is running on successfully under the guidelines of the Ministry Of Housing And Urban Affairs (MOUHA). The official website of SBM is http://swachhbharaturban.gov.in.
A collection of head-turning facts about Swachh Bharat Mission
- SBM is India‘s most massive cleanliness drive since Independence which involves more than 30 lacs Government employees, school and college students and volunteers from all sections of the society.
- This program targets more than 50 crore Indian citizens who were practicing open defecation in rural as well as urban areas
- The city of Indore in Madhya Pradesh is the cleanest city of India in 2017 according to Swachh Bharat Survey. Next come Bhopal and Visakhapatnam respectively.
- Individual Household Latrine – IHHL is a best program to construct private toilets in rural and urban areas.
A glimpse of the vital resources available on the Swachh Bharat Urban website
- This website contains the complete list of latest events, pictures, videos related to Swachh Bharat activities going on in the country.
- Download the SBM urban android app from this website.
- Any Indian citizen can register as a Swachh Bharat Volunteer and register his cleanliness related grievances on this website.
On this web portal, you will also find the National ranking on the cleanest cities of India.
Swachh Bharat Urban Tenders
Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation,
Government of India,
Pt. Deendayal Antyodaya Bhawan,
CGO Complex, Lodhi Road,
New Delhi – 110003