CGHS Chennai – केंद्र सरकार की स्वास्थ्य योजना पुणे चेन्नई
The Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS) launched first in New Delhi in the year 1954 to provide the medical care services to the central government employees of India. They expanded their services and launched CGHS Chennai Branch in Tamil Nadu state in the year 1975. The CGHS works under the MoHFW (Ministry of Health and Family Welfare) Department.
CGHM scheme medical services also for the pensioners, parliament members, Indian Presidents & governors, freedom fighters, and Journalists. In Chennai, the CGHS begin with 4 dispensaries. The Administrative office located in Rajaji Bhavan, Basant Nagar, Chennai.
Services of CGHS Chennai
It provides the following medical care services to the listed members:
- Indian System of Medicines (Siddha, Homeopathy, and Ayurveda)
The Health Scheme provides the medical services at polyclinics, wellness centers, Private recognized hospitals, Govt hospitals. Here, you can find the list of facilities available for the CGHS beneficiaries and family members. The working timings of wellness centers are from 7:30 AM to 2:00 PM on all working days.
- Outpatient medical facilities in Allopathy & Ayush.
- Consultation with Specialists in listed CGHS centres
- Medicine prescribing in wellness centre pharmacies.
- X ray, Doppler Study, Ultra radiological investigations.
- Issuance of Medical and Fitness certificates for CGHS beneficiaries.
Chennai Wellness Centres – CGHS
The wellness centers are the backbone of the CGHS scheme which provides the health services to the beneficiaries. In Chennai, you can find the 14 wellness centres which covering the metropolitan areas and Suburban areas. In the year 2009, the CGHS Chennai started their services in Computerization.
The CGHS Wellness centres in Chennai functions are as follows:
- General Duty Medical Officers
- Ayush Medical Officers (Homeopathy, Ayurveda, and Siddha)
- Nursing, Paramedical Staff, and Pharmacists
Wellness Centers List Chennai
|K K Nagar||Triplicane|
The Laboratory facilities can be available in the following list:
- Anna Nagar polyclinic
- K.K. Nagar polyclinic
- Meenambakkam w. c.
- Gopalapuram w. c.
CGHS Chennai Website: http://www.cghschennai.tn.nic.in
Contact Number: 044-23458433
Fax Number: 044-23458444
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
E2c, 1st Floor, Rajaji Bhavan,
Chennai – 600090,