Construct a more secure strong Uttar Pradesh with IS 1893 Part 1
Disaster Management Department UP: An incident regular man-made, sudden or dynamic, which impacts with such seriousness that the influenced group of people needs to react by taking extraordinary measures with immediate effect. Appeal to construct a more secure strong Uttar Pradesh and to build up a network-based methodology for debacle supervision all the way through the collective endeavours of all Government Agencies and Non-Governmental Organizations is presently being raised online through the official portal by IS 1983. IS means “Indian Seismic” and the code is IS 1893 which divided into 02 parts.
Year old draft rule – Disaster Management Department UP
In accordance with the latest draft version published in the year 2000 of IS 1893 has attempted to forecast the intensities for highest convincing earthquakes in India. It is now separated into four (4) zones. It has proven Kutch location beside North East India and few other areas of Himalayas reign in the severest zone.
A revised standard for earthquake resistance
IS 1893 Part 1: 2002 ‘standards for Earthquake Resistant layout of systems’ This standard (Part 1) deals with the assessment of seismic loads on numerous systems and earthquake resistant design of homes. Its basic provisions are applicable to buildings; increased systems; commercial and stack like structures; bridges; concrete masonry and earth dams; embankments and maintaining walls and different systems. Temporary factors along with scaffolding, transient excavations want no longer design for earthquake forces. This standard does not cope with the development capabilities relating to earthquake resistant layout in homes and other structures.
The duty of NGOs in disaster management
Published guideline about the role of NGO in disaster management is required to distribute among the people of the affected areas –
- NGOs have to organise for a powerful and speedy response on the occasion of an earthquake and natural calamity.
- Necessary guidance to the people of the affected areas by setting awareness camp
- NGO’s and volunteers for spreading consciousness about earthquakes, health, hygiene and secondary hazards
- Alert people with different components which include response, rescue.
- Quick adoption of anti-earthquake life strategies
Mandatory Registration Process
To provides the timely service to the affected areas and allocation of NGO volunteers during emergency registration NGO registration in up is being a mandatory rule in UP through which can entrust with the earthquake disaster relief operations.
SDM means “State Disaster Management” which provides the plans and programs for the Locust Attack, Nuclear Attack, Gas Leakages and Explosions, Communal Riots, Civil Disobedience and Mass Agitation, Epidemics etc are dealed by the Rahat (राज्य आपदा प्रबंधन विभाग)
NDMA Guidelines and Manuals
NDMA stands for “National Disaster Management Authority” which providing the guidelines through the know the Disaster Management Department UP – Rahat, know the guidelines and you can download the manuals in the DMD UP official portal
Important details of DMD UP
- Disaster Management Department UP Website: http://upsdma.up.nic.in/
- Rahat UP Twitter: https://twitter.com/rahat_up
- Disaster Management Department UP Head Office: Sri Chanchal Tiwari Additional Chief Secretary Revenue U.P. Secretariate, Lucknow
- Rahat UP Helpline Number: 0522 2239834
- Disaster Management Department UP Commissioner: Shri Sanjay Kumar
- Rahat UP Contact Details: http://upsdma.up.nic.in/