Department of Chemicals and Petro-Chemicals – रसायन और पेट्रो-रसायन विभाग
The Ministry of Chemicals has a separate department called the Ministry of chemicals and fertilizers. This department has been under this Ministry since 5th July 1991 in India. This department is responsible for various things. First of all, this department is accountable for the development as well as regulation of Petrochemicals and Chemicals industry. Second, it also takes care of the planning and policies of these industries.
The departments are also responsible for various things. It includes:
- Insecticides which mean precluding the charge of the Insecticides Act, 1968.
- Dye-intermediates and Dye-stuff
- Synthetic rubber
- Both inorganic and organic chemicals
- Special Laws related to Bhopal Gas Leak Disaster
- Non-cellulosic synthetic fibre’s production. It includes Polyester, Acrylic, Nylon, etc.
- It includes moulded goods and fabrications of plastic.
- MoC&F also controls the development and planning of all industries that come under it.
Department of Pharmaceutical Offices
National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA)
Various PSUs Institutions joined hands with this department. These are
- The full form of IPFT is Institute of Pesticides Formulation Technology.
- The full form of CIPET is Central Institute of Plastic Engineering & Technology
The names of the PSUs are
- The full form of BCPL is Brahmaputra Cracker and Polymer Ltd.
- HOCL abbreviation is Hindustan Organic Chemicals Ltd.
- The full form of HIL is Hindustan Insecticides Ltd.
Indian Institute of Chemical Technology came into existence in the year 1994. It provides excellent solutions related to chemical technology to the Government Departments as well as different enterprises. People across the globe recognize this institution for their outstanding research in the department of chemistry. It offers excellent support to Indian pharmaceutical and chemical industry. It also provides technical and scientific assistance to various Government schemes like Swasthya Bharat, Make in India, Swachch Bharat, and Samarth Bharat.
Department of Chemicals and Petro Chemicals Website: http://chemicals.nic.in
Contact Number: 23383428
Fax Number: 23073682
Email Id: email@example.com
3rd Floor, Shastri Bhawan,
New Delhi – 110001,