About Daman and Diu
Daman and Diu are one among the 07 Union Territories of India which is governed by Union Government of India. It is located on the western region of the country and formed between Daman and Diu which is separated by Gulf of Khambhat. It is bordered with Gujarat and the Arabian Sea.
The Population of DD Union Territory
The DD Union Territory Population is about 242,911 and the Districts are covering with an area of 112 square kilometres (or) 43 square miles, which comes 35th on the area basis in India.
Daman & Diu Language
The official and native language of DD Union Territory including “Konkani” and “Gujarati” (दमन और दीव) which widely spoken languages in the state.
Formation of Daman and Diu
Daman and Diu Union Territory existed on the year 30th May of 1987. The High Court of Bombay is the Apex Judicial body.
Daman & Diu Symbols
- The symbols of DD Union Territory of India have not yet designated
Holiday Destination Designated by DD Tourism and Culture
- The Union Territory consists of different monuments and buildings with the architecture of Portuguese Style
- The Jain Temple is the most famous 18th-century temple which is located in the northern region of the fort of Nani Daman.
- There are also beaches including Nagoa Beach which is located in Diu, Ghoghla Beach is the largest beach which is located on the island of Diu, Chakratirth Beach which is located in Diu, Gomtimata Beach which is located in Diu.
Daman & Diu Districts
Daman and Diu Map illustrates that Daman is the capital of this Union Territory and also the largest district in the state. The land territory consists of 02 District and the following are the districts of the State:
- District of Daman
- District of Diu
Daman & Diu Rivers
The following are the two rivers which are through the DD Union Territory:
- Daman Ganga River
- Kolak River
Important Details of DD Union Territory
- Daman and Diu Website: http://www.daman.nic.in
- DD Head Office: Department of Personnel & Administrative Reforms, Ground Floor, Secretariat, Fort Area, Moti Daman, Daman (U.T.) – 396 220
- Daman and Diu Helpline Number: 02602231707
- DD Support Mail: email@example.com
- DD Officers Contact Numbers: http://www.daman.nic.in/websites/personnel_department/officers-list/IAS-DANICS-mail-LIST.pdf