Ministry of Heavy Industries – भारी उद्योग विभाग मंत्रालय
The Department of Heavy Industry or DHI is accountable for promoting different engineering industries viz heavy electrical, machine tools, auto industry, and industrial machinery in India. This department also takes care of the administration of 32 CPSEs that are operating and 4 organizations that are autonomous. These 32 CPSEs provide manufacturing, contracting and consultancy services. These CPSEs manufactures an array of products under this department, the ministry of heavy industries. It includes Boilers, Steam/Gas/ hydro turbines, turbo generators, tractors, industrial machinery, etc. It also manufactures various consumer products like salt, watches, paper, and tyres. The head office of the DHI located in New Delhi.
The industry related to machine building comes under this ministry. They fulfill the equipment requirements of the industries. The equipment includes non-ferrous metals, fertilizers, petrochemicals, paper, sugar, steel, power, refineries, shipping, etc.
This department also helps to develop various intermediate engineering products including castings, diesel engines, gearboxes, forgings, and industrial gears. Various Departments come under this ministry. These are
- ARAI or Automotive Research Association of India. It came into existence in 1966.
- NAB or National Automotive Board. It was the set up of 2012.
- FCRI or Fluid Control Research Institute. It came into existence in 1987 at Palakkad, in Kerala state.
- NAT’S or NATRIP Implementation Society. It was the set up of 2005.
This department continually encourages different initiatives for the growth of the industry. This department also provides support for suitable interventions related to trade and tariffs, policy initiatives, various up-gradation and technological collaborations and various development activities.
1. Department of Heavy Industry
Get the info on Heavy industry department details here. In the list, you can find the PSUs, Schemes, programs and more information.
PSUs / Joint Ventures
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited – BHEL
- Bridge and Roof Company Limited (India)
- Engineering Projects Ltd. (India)
- Hindustan Paper Corporation Ltd.
- Nepa Mills Limited, Nepanagar, Burhanpur, Madhya Pradesh state.
- HCL – Hindustan Cables Limited, Kolkata, West Bengal
- Hooghly Printing Company Limited, Kolkata
- NPPC – Nagaland Pulp and Paper Company Limited
- HEC – Heavy Engineering Corporation Limited
- Scooters India Ltd.
- Bharat Pumps and Compressors Limited, Allahabad, Gujarat state.
- The Braithwaite Burn and Jessop Construction Company Limited
- HMT Limited
- TCIL – Tyre Corporation of India Limited, West Bengal
- BSCL – Burn Standard Company Limited
- Cement Corporation of India Limited – CCI
- Hindustan Newsprint Limited – HNL
- Hindustan Salts Limited
- Instrumentation Limited, Kota
- REIL – Rajasthan Electronics and Instruments Limited – Solar PV Monitoring System, Jaipur, Rajasthan state.
Schemes, Programmes, and Missions
- FAME India: National Mission on Electric Mobility, National Automotive Board – NAB
- Project Vikas: National Manufacturing Competitiveness Council – NMCC
Fame India scheme
Fame India scheme comes under the Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises. The Fame India provides financial support hybrid and electric vehicles like Ather 450 Electric Scooter and more. It will continue doing so till 30 September 2018. Then they are going to launch phase-II.
National electric mobility mission plan
National electric mobility mission plan was a great initiative of the Government. It came into existence in the year 2013. The plan actually aims to achieve a goal that is the security of national fuel. National Electric Mobility wants to promote electric vehicles and hybrid vehicles in this country. It also wants to meet a target of selling 6 to 7 million electric as well as hybrid vehicles till 2020.
Ministry of heavy industries and public enterprises – भारी उद्योग एवं लोक उद्यम
The ministry of heavy industries and public enterprises aims to bolster PSEs which are making profits. It also strives to revive and restructure those PSEs that are sick and not making profits. They have administrative control to do it.
The Ministry also has an aim to create global automotive excellence. It provides excellent support to the Auto, Capital Goods, Heavy Electrical, and Heavy Engineering Sector.
Here, you can find the details of the Public Enterprises department under the Ministry of Heavy Industries. In the list we have the schemes, divisions and more.
Divisions / Units / Wings
- Counselling, Retraining, and Redeployment of VRS Employees
- Department of Public Enterprises (DPE), MOU Division
- Standing Conference of Public Enterprises (SCOPE)
Schemes, Programmes, and Missions
- Public Enterprises(PE) Survey Report
Department of Heavy Industry Website: https://dhi.nic.in
DHI Contact Number: 23062365
DHI Fax Number: 23062367
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Room No: 126-C, Udyog Bhawan,
New Delhi – 110011,