Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MORTH) – सड़क परिवहन और राजमार्ग मंत्रालय
Central Government’s the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, or MORTH is an apex organization that is accountable for various tasks. This Ministry of Transport India is also responsible for administering and also developing the efficiency and even mobility road transport system in India.
It does it after discussions with other State Governments and UT Administrations, Central Ministries as well as Departments, individuals, and organizations. It administrates various policies related to Transport Research, and National Highways, and Road Transport.
Nitin Gadkari is our present transport minister of India. This Ministry of Transport is available with two different wings. The two different wings are as follows. To get the International Driving License, visit the Parivahan website and apply for it.
- Transport wing and
- Roads wing
Transport wings deal with all the matters related to Road Transport in India. It has various responsibilities. These are as follows.
- Firstly, Legislation of Motor Vehicle
- Motor Vehicles taxation
- They administrate the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988
- They also administrate the Road Transport Corporations Act, 1950
- In the department of motor transport, they promote Transport co-operatives
- They are accountable for Road safety standard
- prepare annual plans for Road Safety
- They prepare statistics of road accidents after collecting, compiling and analyzing
- And also They organize different awareness campaigns too
MORTH Schemes, Programmes, and Missions
- INAM-Pro – Platform for Infrastructure and Materials Providers, Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
- The Integrated Solution for Vehicle Registration – VAHAN
This Wing is accountable for developing and also maintaining the National Highway in India. They have various responsibilities such as
- They extend financial and technical support to different State Governments so that the government can develop the roads of the states which have economic importance.
- Even they Maintain and develop the Highway road.
- They decide the standard of the country’s bridges and roads and also,
- They are the storehouse of technical knowledge about bridges and roads.
- Border Roads Organisation – BRO
Autonomous and Apex Institutions
- Central Road Research Institute
Motor Vehicles Act, 1988
The Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 regulates different aspects related to the road transport wheels in India. In the year 1989 on July 1st, it came into existence. Previously there was another act named Motor Vehicles Act, 1939.
This new act replaced this one. And also This act provides legislative provisions to the conductors and drivers regarding licensing. Also, they provide legislative provisions related to motor vehicles registration.
Apart from that, through permits, they control motor vehicles, and even they provide special provisions related to traffic regulation, liability, insurance, penalties and so on. The Government introduced another act which is the Central Motor Vehicles Rules 1989 to exercise the legislative provisions of this particular act. These are the MORTH specifications.
PSUs and Joint Ventures
- Over Dimensional/Over Weight Cargo Movement (ODC/ OWC) Online Application
- National Highways Authority of India – NHAI
MORTH MINISTER: Shri Nitin Gadkari
Year: 2017 – till
MORTH Website: http://morth.nic.in
Email Id: email@example.com
1, Parliament Street,
New Delhi – 110001,