Ministry of Women and Child Development (MWCD) – महिला एवं बाल विकास मंत्रालय भारत सरकार
The government of India (Bharat Sarkar) formed this ministry in 2006. Earlier it was merely a department under the control of the vast Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD). The aim of the government behind forming this ministry is to develop the condition of women and children in India. The name of the minister of this Ministry of Women and Child Development is Maneka Gandhi. She has been managing this ministry since 2014. Smriti Zubeen Irani is Minister for MWCD.
The primary objective of MWCD is to empower women and make them independent so that they can take part in economic development. It also aims to provide the best health care services and all kinds of opportunities to the children and make an environment where they are safe and protected. This is the initiative to drive away all the discriminations from the societies which are very much active.
This MWCD is trying to empower women through different programs and policies. They also organize several awareness programs to make them aware of their rights and powers. To ensure the safety and protection of the children this ministry has introduced cross-cutting policies. Giving proper nutrition to children is their prime concern.
Schemes, Programmes, and Missions
This MWCD has introduced many schemes for the women and children of the society. This ministry is very much concern about saving the girl child in the nation. That is why the Ministry has introduced a very brilliant scheme named Beti Bachao Beti Padhao for the girl child.
Other than this ministry introduced various other schemes like Ujjawala scheme for the BPL women of the society to make the environment smoke free, Dhanlaxmi scheme for the girl child, etc. In every state Department for women and child welfare, has been Initiated. Telangana government also initiated this program as the Department of Child and women welfare Telangana. This ministry is working very hard to develop the nation through the development of the most integral part of society.
- Integrated Child Development Services – ICDS
- Khoya Paya – portal to exchange information on missing and found children
- National Mission for Empowerment of Women – NMEW, Janpath, New Delhi
- Nutrition Resource Platform – NRP, Child Development, and Nutrition Bureau
- SHe-Box – Online Complaint Management System for Sexual Harassment at Workplace
The PMMVY project of this ministry is achieving great success. It is getting a massive response. This ministry has introduced Mahila E Haat scheme to empower the women and to make them independent. This is a platform for online marketing. The Government has specially designed it for women.
CWD Autonomous organizations:
- National Institute of Public Cooperation and Child Development (NIPCCD)
- National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR)
- Central Adoption Resource Agency (CARA)
- National Commission for Women (NCW)
- Central Social Welfare Board (CSWB)
- Rashtriya Mahila Kosh (RMK)
PSUs and Joint Ventures
This ministry has a connection with 6 other organizations so that they can handle the total work of the department successfully. The names of the organizations are National Institute of Public Cooperation and Child Development, National Commission for Women, National Commission for Protection of Child Rights, Central Adoption Resource Agency, Central Social Welfare Board and Rashtriya Mahila Kosh. This Ministry of Women and Child Development is working remarkably well. Each day they are trying to improve their service.
- Central Social Welfare Board – CSWB
- State Resource Centre for Women, Nagaland
Autonomous and Apex Institutions
- National Institute of Public Cooperation and Child Development – NIPCCD
- Central Adoption Resource Authority – CARA, New Delhi
- Rashtriya Mahila Kosh – RMK
Minister Name: Smriti Zubeen Irani
Year- 2017 to till
MWCD Website: http://www.wcd.nic.in
Contact Number: 011-23386423
Email Id: email@example.com
New Delhi – 110001,