NITI Aayog (National Institution for Transforming India) – नीति आयोग (राष्ट्रीय भारत परिवर्तन संस्था)
The NITI Aayog or National Institution for Transforming India is a policy. The Government of India (भारत सरकार) introduced this policy with the intention to achieve Sustainable Development and enhance cooperative federalism in India. This policy motivates State Governments to show active participation. Some of its initiatives are “15-year roadmap”, “7-year vision, strategy, and action plan”, Digital India, AMRUT, Atal Innovation Mission, Agriculture Reforms, Medical Education Reform, etc.
People recognize Policy Commission as NITI Aayog in Hindi.
History of NITI Aayog
The Central Government of India declared the establishment of NITI Aayog in the year 2015, on 1st January. Its first meeting took place on 8th February 2015. In 2014, on 29th May, the Honorable Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi received an assessment report from the Independent Evaluation Office along with the suggestion of dissolving the Planning Commission and establishing a “control commission” in its place.
In 2014, on 13th August, the Union Government decided of scrapping the Planning Commission and creating the National Advisory Council. On 1st January, the Union Cabinet passed the resolution that NITIAyog will take the place of the Planning Commission. Narendra Modi chaired NITI Aayog’s first meeting in 2015, on 8th February.
Arun Jaitley, the Finance Minister of India, has opined that if India wants to compete with the global economy, the creation of the NITI Aayog is mandatory.
Functions of the National Institution for Transforming India
- Evolving a shared vision of the development of the nation with active participation from the States as per the national objectives
- With the help of this Policy, the Government wants to develop specific mechanisms that can formulate credible strategies in the rural areas and then
- The Government intends to pay marked attention to those sectors of the society that do not get benefit sufficiently from the financial progress of the nation.
- Fostering cooperative federalism
Apart from these, NITI Aayog has several functions, and you can learn about them in detail from NITI Aayog Wiki.
Members of NITI Aayog
Here is a list of the NITI Aayog members:
In the above picture, you can find the mentors of the Niti Aayog scheme and know the members of the Niti Aayog scheme in the below.
- The Chairperson is the Prime Minister of India
- A Governing Council
- Specialists and experts in several fields
- Regional Councils
- Full-time framework for the organization
Along with the Prime Minister who is the Chairperson, NITIAyog consists of Vice Chairperson, CEO, Special Invitees, Core Committee, Full-Time Members, Governing Council and Ex-Officio Members.
Niti Aayog Website: http://www.niti.gov.in
Contact Number: 23096677, 23096688
Fax Number: 23096699
New Delhi – 110001,