LPSC (Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre of ISRO) – एलपीएससी (द्रव नोदन प्रणाली केंद्र)
The Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre located in India and it is a research and development center that functions under ISRO or the Indian Space Research Organization. The abbreviated form of the Liquid Propulsion System Centre is LPSC. The ISRO Propulsion Complex of Tamil Nadu’s Mahendragiri augments the Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre. It works under the Department of Space (DoS) in India.
The Indian Space Research Organization monitors all activities, the official website is lpsc.gov.in.
Units of LPSC
There are two units of the Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre, and they are at:
- At Thiruvananthapuram’s Valiamala
- Karnataka’s Bengaluru
Functions of LPSC
ISRO LPSC has the responsibility of developing cryogenic propulsion and liquid stages for satellites. It is also responsible for launching vehicles. It deserves the credit of developing cryogenic upper stage for the famous Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle or GSLV. ISRO test fired GSLV on 4th August, in 2007.
The unit deals with the development of transducers and indigenous sensors. Its primary job is to look after propulsion requirements of ISRO’s satellite programs. These are the activities that take place in this unit of the Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre:
- Realization and designing of components and monopropellant thrusters
- The Spacecraft Propulsion Systems’ integration
- Management of structures and launch vehicle tanks at industries
- Production as well as the development of transducers
The headquarters of the Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre is at LPSC Trivandrum, Kerala. This unit deals with research as well as the development of cryogenic propulsion and Earth-storable for launching vehicles. It also delivers stages, engines and control systems for spacecraft and launch vehicles.
Let us have a look at the primary activities that take place at LPSC Valiamala:
- Research and the development in cryogenic propulsion and storable earth systems for spacecraft and launching vehicle applications
- System projects’ management
- Architecture and systems development
- The Management of cryogenic engine, stage systems, and earth storable, etc.
DoS Schemes, Programmes, and Missions
- Indian Space Research Organization
- Bhuvan – Gateway of Indian Earth Observation
- MOSDAC – Meteorological and Oceanographic Satellite Data Archival Centre
- NRSC – National Remote Sensing Centre, Hyderabad, Telangana
- Visualization of Earth Observation Data and Archival System – VEDAS
- SAC – Space Applications Centre
- VSSC – Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, ISRO, Thiruvananthapuram, Tamil Nadu
- SDSC SHAR – Satish Dhawan Space Centre SHAR, Andhra Pradesh
- U R Rao Satellite Centre (URSC)- ISRO Satellite Centre(ISAC), Bengaluru, Karnataka
In the year 2014, the Indian Government decided to rename the Bangalore unit of LPS-C as the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) Propulsion Complex. Since then, it also functions as an autonomous department of ISRO. Before 2014, the unit at Valiamala administered the activities of the LPS unit at Mahendragiri, Odisha.
The main activities that take place in this unit are as follows:
- Integration and assembly of stages and liquid engines
- Excellent test facilities for engines of the upper stage
- Testing of stages and liquid engines
- Propellant storage opportunities
It recruits fresh as well as experienced candidates for several posts. Visit the official website, http://www.lpsc.gov.in to know in detail about LPSC recruitment. Interested as well eligible candidates can apply online for the positions like Engineer, Scientist after going through the complete details like eligibility criteria, age limit, last date of online submission, mode of payment. There are 9 vacancies in the post of Engineer in this year. Candidates can download their Admit Card online a few days before the date of the examination. No candidate can sit for the exam without showing the Admit Card in the exam center.
Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre Website: Click Here
|LPSC Valiamala||LPSC Bangalore|
|Public Relations Officer,||Senior Administrative Officer,|
|Valiamala, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala,||80 Feet Road, HAL II-Stage HPO,|
|Pincode – 695 547||Bangalore, Karnataka|
|Email Id- email@example.com||Pincode – 560 008|
|Phone Number: 0471-2568234||Email id – firstname.lastname@example.org|
|9496559879||PHone Number: 080-25037392|