Just like the other States of India, the State Government of Odisha formed the Odisha Public Service Commission in the year 1949, on 1st April. Before 1949, the states of Odisha and Bihar had a common Public service Commission. The Odisha PSC has achieved great success and acquired great experiences as well as expertise in selecting able and efficient personnel for doing several vital services so that the State Government of Odisha can govern efficiently. At the time of its establishment, OPSC had only three members, including the Chairperson. Its strength became five in 1979. In 1996, the number of members became six.
Responsibilities of Odisha Public Service Commission
These are the most crucial functions of the Odisha Public Service Commission for Odisha PSC recruitment as the following:
- Firstly, Advising the State Government on framing rules for recruitment for several Group ‘A’ and Group ‘B’ posts.
- Advising on issues related to the promotion of several officers as well as fixation of salary based on the pay scale of Group ‘B’ and Group ‘A’ officers
- Thirdly, Conducting exams for recruiting candidates for several services belonging to the Group ‘B’ under the Odisha State Government
- Conducting competitive PSC exams according to the rules of recruitment through written test and viva
- It also forms Interview Boards consisting of experts in concerned subjects that interview candidates for several posts
Odisha College Service Commission jobs
If you are looking for College Service Commission job notifications in Odisha, visit the official website of Odisha Public Commission which is www.opsc.gov.in. Here you will get all latest information about the following vacancies in several posts, exam dates, mode of application, examination fee, eligibility criteria, exam syllabus, etc. for CSC jobs in Odisha.
Public Service Commission of Odisha online website
Now the Public Service Commission of Odisha has introduced an official website for the convenience of the applicants. Here you will get the detailed list of the following all upcoming OPSC exams. After the results are out for various jobs that OPSC conducts, they also publish the OPSC result on their official website. You can check your result from the site with the help of your roll number and other relevant details.
Important Details of Odisha PSC
- OPSC Website: http://www.opsc.gov.in
- Odisha Public Service Commission Head Office: 19, DR. P.K. Parija Road Cuttack, Odisha, 753 001
- Public Service Commission of Odisha Helpline Numbers: 0671 2305611, 2304141
- Odisha PSC Contact Details: http://www.opsc.gov.in/contact.php