Smart Cities in India – भारत में स्मार्ट शहरों
The idea of Smart Cities in India is that of Prime Minister Narendra Modi who has pledged to develop 100 cities of the country as smart cities. This Smart City project governed by the Ministry of Urban Affairs. The government released a list of 89 proposed Smart Cities on August 27, 2015. Smart city project is one of the three most ambitious plans of Narendra Modi, prime minister of India.
Plan of Smart City – स्मार्ट सिटी की योजना
According to the government’s plan, a plan to develop 20 cities in 2015, 40 cities in 2016 and 40 cities in 2017 are proposed to be developed in the form of smart cities. On 28 January 2016, the Government of India declared 20 smart cities
Finance – वित्त
Proposal of Rs 7,060 crore in the Union Budget in 2014. The central government plans to invest a total of 48,000 crores in five years in this scheme and the same will be spent by the concerned State Governments in the development of selected cities in their state. That is, the Central and State Governments will invest the money in this scheme. 200 crore for the development of selected smart cities in 2015 and for the next four years every year 100 crore rupees will allocate to each city.
Basic Principles of Smart City – स्मार्ट सिटी के बुनियादी सिद्धांत
Quality of Life – जीवन की गुणवत्ता
- Affordable home
- Every kind of infrastructure
- Water and electricity round the clock
- Education Options
- Entertainment and Sports Equipment
- Good and fast connectivity from surrounding areas
- Good schools and hospitals
Investment – निवेश
- Full investment according to human resources and natural resources
- Large companies get facilities and facilities to get their industry there.
- There is not a heavy burden of a tax.
Employment – रोज़गार
- Investments in smart cities come in so that all the employment opportunities for people living there or around.
- Those living in smart cities do not have to go far away from that area for their income.
Smart City Standards – स्मार्ट सिटी मानक
Transport – ट्रांसपोर्ट
The travel time to travel from one location to another within the smart city should not be more than 45 minutes.
- At least 2-meter wide pavement.
- A bus or metro at a distance of 800 meters or 10 minutes walk from the residential areas, and also these smart cities are safest cities in India for the women and children to live without Fear.
Accommodation – निवास
- 95 percent of the residential areas is such that in less than 400 meters schools, parks, and amusement parks are available.
- 20 percent of houses are for economically weaker sections.
- At least 30% of the residential and business area is within a radius of 800 meters from the bus or metro station.
Electricity and water – बिजली और पानी
- Smart City has 24×7 water and electricity supply.
- 100 percent of households have electricity connection All connections are metered.
- No loss of cost. That is, no electricity and water could steal.
- At least 135 liters of water per person should be given.
Education – शिक्षा
- 15% area for educational institutes.
- There is a pre-primary on every 2500 people, one primary on every 5000 people, one senior secondary school on every 7500 people and one integrated college from the first to the 12th class on the population of every one lakh.
- There is a college on the population of 1.2 million.
- A university, one engineering college, one medical college, one professional college and one paramedical college on a population of 10 lakh.
Health – स्वास्थ्य
- Emergency Response Time in Smart City should not be more than 30 minutes.
- Every 15 thousand people have a dispensary.
- There are a 30-bed small hospital, an 80-bed medium hospital and a 200-bed big hospital on a population of one lakh.
- Every 50 thousand people have a diagnostic center.
WiFi connectivity – वाईफाई कनेक्टिविटी
- WiFi connectivity to 100 percent of the households
- Found at WiFi at speeds of 100 Mbps.
What’s in the smart city Mission – स्मार्ट सिटी मिशन में क्या है
- In this mission, 100 cities will include. It will be for five years (2015-16 to 2019-20).
- The completion of five years will assess by the Ministry and then it will be decided where to run this mission.
- The total number of 100 smart cities has distributed among the States and Union Territories on a similar basis.
- This distribution formula has also used for rejuvenation and allocation of funds under Amrita for urban change.
- As a Centrally Sponsored Scheme, the Smart City mission operated
- In the next five years, Rs 48,000 crore will give, average per 100 crores per city per year.
SMART CITY MISSION STRATEGY – स्मार्ट सिटी मिशन रणनीति
- Initiative for the entire city in which at least one smart solution has been implemented in the city
- Step-by-step development of the region – Three models of progress based on the field
- Green area
List of First 20 Smart Cities
|8||Vishakhapatnam||AP State||18||Chennai||Tamil Nadu|
Second List of 13 Smart Cities
|S.N||CITY||Name of State/UT|
|3||New Town, Kolkata||West Bengal|
|13||Port Blair||Andaman & Nicobar|
Third List of 27 Smart Cities
|S. No.||City||Name of State/UT|
Fourth List of 30 Smart Cities
|S.No||City||Name of State/UT|
|10||Srinagar||Jammu and Kashmir|
|21||Jammu||Jammu & Kashmir|
Fifth List of 9 Smart Cities
|S.No||City||Name of State/UT|
|1||Silvassa||Dadra and Nagar Haveli|
|3||Diu||Daman & Diu|
To know more about the Smart cities, Click Here