West Bengal Minorities Development and Finance Corporation – পশ্চিমবঙ্গের সংখ্যালঘু উন্নয়ন ও অর্থায়ন সংস্থা
In India, the State Government of West Bengal established WBMDFC in the year 1995, based on the provisions of the 1995 West Bengal Act XVIII. WBMDFC stands for the West Bengal Minorities Development and Finance Corporation. The Ministry of Minority Affairs also providing many schemes and policies to the minorities of India. It is accountable for looking after the economic welfare, mass awareness, career counseling, vocational training, Scholarships of the minorities in the state of West Bengal.
The minority communities in West Bengal are Muslim, Christian, Parsee, Jain, Buddhist, and Sikh. You can identify them according to their religious beliefs. The West Bengal Minorities Development and Finance Corporation looks after the economic upliftment of these people.
Primary functions of the West Bengal Minorities Development and Finance Corporation – সংখ্যালঘু স্কলারশিপ
Let us have a look at some of the primary functions of WBMDFC:
- They offer economic assistance to the religious minority people in West Bengal for self-employment. It also gives them Soft Loans to improve their situation.
- They give them proper training so that they can crack several competitive exams
- WBFDMC give Education Loans to meritorious students who come from low-income families. These families do not have sufficient money to educate their children
- They encourage the poor students of West Bengal to pursue their dreams. It gives them several types of minority scholarship.
- They train the students coming from minority committees for developing their skills and talents.
Schemes of WBMDFC
- Job-related coaching- WBMDFC offers guidance to the needy students for examinations like Probationary Officer Examination, School Service Commission, Police Constable Recruitment Examination, etc.,
- Vocational training facilities- They also provide Vocational training to the students of minority communities with the intention of upgrading their skill and knowledge in several trades.
- Swami Vivekananda Merit cum Means Scholarship scheme- A student whose family income is not more than 2.5 lakh rupees can apply for this scheme if he has 75% marks in Higher Secondary Exam and 53% marks in Graduation.
There are also Pre-Matric and Post-Matric Scholarships for students belonging to the minority committees in the state of West Bengal. Visit www.wbmdfc.org to know about all the schemes of the West Bengal Minorities Development and Finance Corporation.
WBMDFC Website: Click Here West Bengal Minority Scholarship Toll-Free Number: 1800-120-2130 WBMDFC Whatsapp Number: 8017071714 Email Id: email@example.com Address Info: Amber: DD-27/E, Sector-I, Salt Lake City, Kolkata-700064, West Bengal, India.