Delhi Bar Council
The Bar Council of Delhi is basically an autonomous body in the state of Delhi. Just like the Bar Councils of different states, the Delhi Bar Council is under the administration of the Bar Council of India. The constitution of this statutory body took place according to the provisions of the Advocates Act of 1961. At present, the State Bar Council of Delhi has more than 60,000 registered advocates as its members in Delhi, India. This makes the Delhi Bar Council the biggest bar council in our country. Get more about the Delhi Bar Association from here. and know the Bar Council Enrollment Number and more.
The Bar Council of Delhi believes in the teachings of Mahatma Gandhi, the ‘Father of the Nation.’ Mahatma Gandhi, who was an advocate himself, makes a very significant comment on this profession. He guides the advocate community. According to him a lawyer’s priority should not be filling his own purse but to serve his country in the best possible way.
Functions of the Bar Council of Delhi
The State Bar Council of Delhi has the following vital functions:
- They want to admit candidates as advocates
- They want to protect the interests of advocates of the state and monitor issues of misconduct against lawyers
- Delhi Bar Association want to provide legal aid orderly to the poor people
- They support and promote law reform
- They elect members of the Bar Council, Delhi
- Bar Council Delhi give economic assistance for organizing welfare activities for the disabled, indigent and other advocates who are in need of it
- They visit as well as inspect universities that offer law degree to aspiring candidates
- Investment and management of funds of the state’s Bar Council come under their duty
- They perform all the functions according to the 1961 Advocates Act
Online website of the State Bar Council of Delhi
Delhi Bar Council has introduced its own official website for the convenience of the people as well as the advocates. You’ll find all the vital information about the latest welfare activities, circulars, significant judgments and notices here.
Visit http://delhibarcouncil.com/ to view the detailed list of the bar council enrollment number. If you want to search for a member of Delhi Bar Association Council’s online portal you need to enter just the name of the person and his bar council enrollment number. Enrollment number is of great significance. The citizens of Delhi can also register their complaints here if they are not satisfied with any law or any advocate. The Delhi Bar Council election results are also available online.
Delhi Bar Council Website: http://delhibarcouncil.com
Bar Council Delhi Contact Number: +91 11 – 264 951 96, +91 11 – 264 983 56
Fax Number: +91 11 264 93 856
2/6, Siri Fort Institutional Area,
Khel Gaon Marg,
New Delhi – 49,