It is important to know the fees of Indian Passport. Additionally there’s different fee for different kinds of passports
you must apply for Passport online or offline only at official site. Here, you can see only the guidelines.
This is the best way to have idea of how to pay for Passport fee. It helps you to know details of Indian passport fee.
For regular or ordinary passport, the charges are as follows:
|Form of Passport||36 pages booklet||60 pages booklet|
|Brand New or new Passport (Validity- 10 years)||Rs. 1,500/-||Rs. 2,000/-|
|Including more booklet on exhaustion (Validity – 10 years)||Rs. 1,500/-||Rs. 2,000/-|
|Minors aged 15 to 18 – fresh renewal/reissue (10 years validity)||Rs. 1,500/-||Rs. 2,000/-|
|passport for Minors- new/renewal/reissue/fresh (5 years validity or until maturity is reached)||Rs.1,000/-|
|Replacement or Duplicate of lost/misplaced/damaged/stolen your present passport||Rs. 3,000/-||Rs. 3,500/-|
|Duplicate or replacement of passport for upgrading or modification of particular details viz, elimination of ECR standing or altering personal details (validity 10 years)||Rs. 1,500/-||Rs. 2,000/-|
|Minors – Duplicate or replacement of passport for upgrading or changes of particular details e.g. elimination of ECR status or altering personal details (validity 5 decades or until they reach maturity)|
For Tatkal passport application:
Passport charges for urgent programs will be billed at Rs.2, 000 in addition to the typical charges mentioned previously. This makes that the Tatkal passport price structure:
|Form of Passport||36 Pages booklet||60 Pages booklet|
|New passport (validity – 10 years)||Rs.3,500||Rs.4,000|
|Renewal or reissue of passport (10 years validity)||Rs.3,500||Rs.4,000|
|Including a booklet once the pages at the present passport all consumed (Validity – 10 years)||Rs.3,500||Rs.4,000|
|Minors (15 to 18 years) new/ fresh / renewal / reissue of passport (validity 10 years)||Rs.3,500||Rs.4,000|
|Minors – new/ renewal/ reissue – valid for 5 years or until maturity is attained||Rs.3,000|
|Duplicate or replacement of lost / stolen / misplaced / damaged passport||Rs.5,000||Rs.5,500|
|Duplicate or replacement of passport for upgrading or changes of particular details such as elimination of ECR status or altering personal details (validity 10 years) (brand new booklet)||Rs.3,500||Rs.4,000|
|Minors – Duplicate or replacement of passport for upgrading or modification of particular details such as Elimination of ECR status or altering personal details (validity 5 years or until they reach maturity) (brand new booklet)||Rs.3,000|
The fee of Police Clearance Certificate form (PCC) is Rs.500
For Official or Diplomatic Passports – No fee/cost related
The way to passport fee online and offline Technique
Paying passport fee is straight forward. Besides there are 3 ways to assist you here. So that can pay passport charge qucikly. Below you can check unique methods of passport fee payment. In case your Passport expires, then you can make use of the Indian passport renewal procedure also.
Method 1: Online payment of passport charge
- You can pay passport fee online
- And for this you can use either debit or credit card
- In addition net banking option is available
- Whilst net banking is via SBI
- Or you can select Associate Banks
- On the flip side, passport fee online payment is compulsory, but it is only for appointment reservations at PSK (here PSK means Passport Seva Kendra)
Furthermore for fee online payment in Tatkal passport
- You pay normal fee
- Whereas extra Tatkal fees you pay in cash
- Besides banks will change 1.5% + Service Tax, but this applies only to debit and credit cards
You should also recall one more item
- It’s that online fee payment validity is one year. This means that one year, you must submit applications. If you do not submit applications in one year, then you will have to pay another Indian Passport fee
- Finally you make payment in Citizen Service Centers or CSCS also. However, this is only in debit or credit card
Method 2: Demand Draft fee passport payment
- You utilize DD or Demand draft also
- But it is when you pay fee at District Passport Cells or DPCs
- In addition you make DD from PAO-MEA Aside this, paying Passport fee at Speed Post Centers or SPCs is possible
- Nevertheless this is through DD or in cash
- Finally you will draw DD in favor of PAO-MEA
- Plus it is payable at nearest RPO (Regional Passport Office)
Points to remember
About the DD you will write a few vital points. First is you write applicant’s name and date of birth behind DD. Finally you write application submission date too at back of DD.
Method 3: Cash Payment
- This is third method that you can use
- Because you can make payment in cash
- However it’s just at PSK or Passport Seva Kendra
- You pay Tatkal passport application fee at once
- Even at mini PSK you pay passport fee in cash
Hence it becomes an easy procedure to generate payment for passport fee. However you need to take note some points. And it’s that you’re cautious about agents. Since you have to create passport fee payment only on the official website of the authority.
Hence in the event that you don’t know where to pay. Then you can ask the authorities at PSK. So you’ll never be In trouble later on. On other hand you can calculate you fee. As it is simple process. And for this you will visit the official website.
Now, if you are looking to visit the official website for the issuance of passport, click on
It ought to be noted that:
These details should be boldly written at the back of the DD:
- Applicant’s name.
- Date of birth.
- Date of application submission
Collection Centers simply entertain applications for new passports. All penalties should only be cleared in cash.
Passport Fee Calculator
About the official site of the CPV (Consular, Passport, and Visa) Division of the Ministry of External Affairs, there’s a passport fee calculator tool that computes the many distinct prices for passport applications. Prices differ on a case by case basis, based on the kind of passport applied for, and if it is being applied for throughout the Tatkal Scheme.
The calculator needs the following information:
Application type: Be it
- Identity Certificate.
- Surrender Certificate.
For passport charges, pick Passport, then pick the applicable in the Service type option that follows:
Type of Service:
(if you picked ‘Reissue’) Reason for Reissue:
- Validity Expired/ Due to Expire.
- Delete ECR/Charge in Personal Particulars.
- Exhaustion of Pages.
- Lost/Damaged Passport.
- Less than 15 years.
- Between 15 to 18 years.
- 18 years and above.
- (For all those between 15 to 18 years) 5 years/Till the age of 18 years.
- 10 years.
Amount of pages in booklet:
- 36 pages.
- 60 pages.
Based on the input under the above list, the tool computes the fee for the several potential cases for the issue of passport or the reissue of an older passport.
Additionally a feature of this calculator is a tool which computes the fee for issue of identity certificates.
Various fees are billed for different instances, as below:
1- Types of Service:
2- (If reissue) Reason for Reissue:
- Validity Expired/Due to Expire.
- Delete ECR/Change in personal particulars.
- Exhaustion of pages.
- Lost or damaged passport.
Fee Calculator for Surrender Certificate
The calculator tool helps compute Fees for Surrender Certificate:
- Foreign country Nationality Acquired before 1 June, 2010.
- Foreign country Nationality Acquired on or after 1 June, 2010.
The typical Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) fee is Rs. 500/-
Significant points to note concerning payment of passport fees
- When the passport fee for an appointment is paid while the appointment is yet been booked, there’ll be no refund of the paid sum.
- The RPO will repay payments which were created if multiple payments are made for the exact same passport fee.
- The receipts containing the Application Reference Number (ARN) have to be submitted together with the PSK on the day of appointment.
- So as to generate the ARN and receipt, applicants that made payments online must click ‘Print Application Receipt’.
- There are no bank commissions attached to payments made via Chillan.
Passport SMS service charge
There’s SMS service available. And this will cost you an amount up to Rs. 40 there are a lot of benefits of the service. First is that you just get to learn your passport status. Therefore knowing Passport application from status through SMS is possible. The SMS service sends you reminders (for your appointment) and other routine upgrades.
Now you know the fee structure for obtaining an Indian passport. Before applying for passport, you can check the passport fee structure. This way you can know the fee for your passport renewal too.